To all Team Members,
It has recently come to my attention that text messaging language has become an ever growing problem in the work place. To combat this problem I am going to propose a few options that may help professional writing in our work place.
First off, while at work or doing anything related to work projects, text message style language is no longer acceptable. This would include e-mail or texting. That means, I do not want to see any messages containing language such as: hey how r u 2day? Continuously communicating in such a way can and will cause bad habits in every day communication. In a professional work place, it is very important to show clients and customers that they are dealing with the very best.
It is a necessity that you take this message to its full meaning. Even if you are texting someone in the office about non-work related subjects, please continue to use professional style writing.
Now, I am not able to keep track of how you communicate or what kind of language you use outside of the office, but it should be important to you to try and better yourself for the betterment of the company. This is not a chance for me to yell and get on your case, but an attempt to make every one of us the very best we can be.
For the time being, if at all possible, please do not send e-mails via phone. Sending e-mails with your phone can lead to an unprofessional type language. I don't want to sound redundant, but I think we can all agree that texting an e-mail may lead to slacking off when it comes to being professional. Until we have made progress with our communication and professional language skills, I believe that we need to stick with computers for e-mail. When I feel we have made the needed improvement I may allow you to use your phones for e-mail.
As of right now there will be no immediate repercussions for failing to communicate a profession style language. I believe this will be a constant process to eliminate text message style language in our business. If text message style language continues to happen, there will be consequences that are to be determined.
Now that we have that out of the way, if you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime and we can discuss any problems or thoughts you have on this subject. Thank you for your cooperation
Erik Gulbrandson
No comments:
Post a Comment