Weber and Associates
1234 Webb Rd.
Wichita, KS
New policy concerning communication in the workplace:
No text message style communication will be tolerated in any workplace communication.
It has come to my attention that there has been a misunderstanding concerning communication in the workplace. We need to be very careful that we are using professional language when communicating between ourselves at work and more importantly, when communicating with our clients and outside vendors. Text message style wording will not be tolerated. We want to give our best impression when communicating with others. Here is an example of what was recently sent in an email to one of our clients:
"Subject : What's up?
I just wanted 2 say thanks for allowing me to come by and talk to you about some of the services we offer. I think you'll find us competitively priced and that our 1 on 1 service is unbeatable. Let me know what you decide and we can go from there.
TTYL,"
If I had received this as an email from a vendor, I would probably think twice about doing business with them. We want our clients to have confidence in the services that we provide. Here is an example of how this e-mail could have been worded to be more professional:
"Subject : Following up
I would like to thank you for allowing me to come by and talk to with you about some of the services we provide. I think that you'll find us competitively priced and that our one on one service is unbeatable. If there is anything that I can do for you, please give me a call at 555-5555.
I look forward to hearing from you,"
It is important to note that the way we talk to our friends is not the way that we communicate in the workplace. I appreciate your cooperation and look forward to our continued professionalism.
Thank you,
Jake Chapin, CEO
No comments:
Post a Comment