Friday, November 19, 2010

post 8

I believe that this is not being properly portrayed. PowerPoint is a very useful program an is meant to simplify life like almost every other invention. I believe that it is actually better that we are going to this format in the military. I would rather they make it easy to understand than hard to get through and hard to understand, lets face it we want them to know where to go. Do we really care format we got the information on how to do there job? Many company's use PowerPoint to pitch idea's and interviews. Just coming to this school we were forced to watch a PowerPoint on the school. I cant see why this is a big problem. We shouldn't belittle the subject of war and there is a fear that they may make mistakes. I don't see how this cant happen verbally or on any other document. So were using a program that's publicly used in war. the man who made dynamite originally had made it in mind for mining.

This article I believe is practically smear campaigning PowerPoint. They say no actually studies have been done then why just blame this program. They say the generals did not know what to do in battle and someone went back to the PowerPoint presentation and couldn't help. All this says to me is wow these guys just shouldn't be leading, I mean what would the report do it just seems that they got unlucky with who was leading. The article doesn't even provide an answer or any stats on how PowerPoint is compared to other programs in the military. I believe that this program is still useful and that in this case its just personnel at fault not the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment