My job search was geared toward a position similar to my current position in a company with potential for growth. I am open to moving anywhere in the country for the right position so I did not narrow my search to only Wichita, Kansas. The best site to look for a job nationwide, in my opinion, is CareerBuilder.com. This is where I found the position I would apply for.
I am at an executive level in my current company and it is important to me to stay at or above this level with a new position. I have experience in many different industries but the last two years have been in Property Management. The position I chose to apply for is the Regional Vice President of Property Management at Beacon Communities.
My research of the company showed me that many of my daily tasks and responsibilities at my current position would be the same or similar to that of the new position. I meet almost all of the job requirements. The only requirements I do not meet are the computer programs that are required. I am a very quick learner of new computer programs and I don’t feel that this would be an issue to hold me back from getting the position.
If I were truly looking for a new position and willing to move anywhere in the country, I would conduct this same type of search in other areas as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment